Sunday, March 8, 2009

Damn, haven't been posting for so long, sorry.
You all know the reason. (:
So, been rushing to my grandmother's place from school everyday since Tuesday.
Tuesday, got the news at 11smth, grandpa passed away at 7:24am.
After school, went straight there. Reached there, went up to change, then came down to see him, his body. After that, tried to hold back the tears, but. Overwhelmed me, yeahs. All the memories all came rushing back, & I cried buckets. Damn, I felt like fainting then. Finally stopped after a while. Went home quite late, but, still had to go school the next day.
Wednesday, don't want blog about what happened in school. Skipped training.
Stayed at grandmother's place for the night.
Thursday, took LRT with Nick, and took MRT to school. Reached school pretty early, then went for breakfast. Rest of the day I don't want to elaborate. After school, as usual go there. Reached home at around 1am. Slept 1:30 smth.
Friday, cross-country, sians. Had to wake up at like 5:30 -.- 4 hours sleep. Took cab to Bishan, met Brendan at his void deck, then walked to Bishan Park. Thought could wear jersey to run, but turned out cannot, luckily brought House PE Shirt. Cross-country people couldn't run competitive, cause of Mr Koh, so, I was practically assured of an individual medal. LOL. Sec 2s ran first instead of Sec 1s, idk why. Damn it luh, at the start was 2nd one lor. Then finished 5th. Wayne Yap and me during the race was like keep overtaking each other, damn weird luh. Its like suddenly got a spurt of energy from me, then he tired. Then will switch around one, :x In the end I finished in front of him. (;
After whole thing, cab-ed to J8, and ate KFC. Then went over to grandmother's place. Slept there, cause it was the last night. D
Saturday, last day. They had to do the ritual stuff all that. Then, they had to read some paper about his life, all that. What he did, how old was he, stuff like that. Tears started to fall, & by the time they reached the part about what he did to contribute to the world, how he fell sick, how he battled the sickness, didn't fear death, I started sobbing uncontrollably. Tears fell and fell and fell, without showing signs of stopping. I was shaking, and wiping my tears to no avail. Even the kids, who didn't understand everything, fell silent when we cried, and said, " They crying already." After that was lunch, nobody really had appetite, but I forced myself to eat, remembering what he said, that we shouldn't waste food, all. I really damn miss him . ): Remembering how he was so sick before he passed away, he couldn't even talk, I started crying, but told myself to stop.
After that was the cremation thing, cried until it was like rain falling from my eyes. Went back to grandmother's place. Had another meal, before going upstairs.
Slept there at night.
Today, had to go collect his remains. He's now resting in Mandai Columbarium.
Rest In Peace, Grandpa ! You'll be forever loved and missed. I love you ! You'll always live on in my heart, your smiling face, your voice.

I still can't accept the fact that you're gone,
Your voice still seems to be around me.
The memories of you, still so fresh,
The never-ending love of yours.
Its been a long time since I saw you smile, grandpa,
Its been a long time since I talked to you, grandpa.
Appear in my dreams, please.
I want to see you, I want to...
Post another day, perhaps. I'm going back to my grandmother's place to stay over later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home