Tuesday, April 21, 2009

People. I'll cheer up.

Haven't been posting for very very long already, sorry.
Not in the mood to post anyway.
I guess most people know why.

ONE & A HALF MONTHS, was all it took for me to lose two loved ones. Gone, just like that. Leaving behind wonderful memories. Was it all too soon, all too fast? I guess, now. Everything should be cherished, cause you never know what's gonna happen tomorrow.

He was healthy, making overseas trips often, read books often, of life, and its values, and stuff. Everything was in Chinese. I didn't understand when he was trying to tell me stuff. I didn't talk to him much, just talking to him about studies, cca, have you eaten, when he asked me with a smiling face. Oh, how I miss those times now. He would bring us children to the playground when we were young, and subsequently more places. He would buy us drinks, toys, sweets, & I took all that for granted. Only after he fell sick, gravely sick, that I talked to him more, understood everything, his love for us. He was sick, he could not speak much, & he faced death bravely, say death is inevitable, something like that. He could not speak when I visited him on the week of his death, and struggled to make me understand him. I felt so useless, helpless. Buckets of tears, it seemed, was destined to fall. 14 years of him taking care of me, caring for me, and he's gone. Just like that.

She was also healthy, had a great sense of humour, often cooked for us. She would be caring towards me, often giving me and my older cousin, the best of things, like. She would buy stuff for us, give us money. She would smile, and talk to us nicely, never getting angry, or seldom. During my primary school days, she would come over to my house often, helping my mom with the ironing, afraid she'll get tired out from all the work. She'd talk with my mom for long hours on the phone, often at night, or in the afternoon. She laughed her funny laugh often, but it was ages since I heard it, & never will again. I still remember once, when I was still young, she even cut my nails for me. As time flew past, she became more and more sick, complaining of back pain, and went to chinese doctors, to have her back rubbed. I remember once, I brought her there, she was telling the taxi driver, my grandson don't want listen to me, tell him no need to bring me, he still want to. I remember, she went to NTUC after the treatment, and even bought sweets for me, asked me what my siblings like to eat. I miss everything so much. When she was admitted to the hospital, she was bedridden. Her back was painful till she cannot even sit up. But, she still had a sense of humour. I don't know how, but somehow her blood got bacterial infection, her liver failed, and yeah. I thought they were all minor things, the doctors medicine would save her, because she didn't have cancer like my grandpa did. Oh, man, I visited her in the hospital as often as I could. & she would ask me to go home early, still she worried about me. I guess I'll stop here, I don't want to go on, the tears are welling up.

-Alot more stuff about them, yeah but if I write, then it will fill up at least 100 lines.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home